Crew leaders are the most important people at VBS! As a crew leader, you shepherd a small group of children to each station every evening. Crew leaders are there to have fun and be encouraging as they lead.
- The Opening Leader introduces the Bible Point,
key Bible verse, and songs each day.
- Each day, kids sing the program theme song which connects with the daily
Bible Points. In addition to fun praise songs, kids sing at
least one song each day that specifically ties to that day’s
- Each day, Crew members discuss their God Sightings as a
reminder that God is at work and God is good every day!
- The Bible Adventures Leader repeats the Bible Point
- Kids experience the daily Bible story in a hands-on way.
- Crew Leaders guide small-group discussions where kids
connect their unforgettable Bible experiences to real life
- Kids take turns throughout the week leading from a
handout to guide a fun food experience. Each day’s snack
experience connects to the key Bible verse and the daily
Point. Preschool Crews get their own, age-appropriate
version of the handout and snack experience.
- While Crews eat, they’ll use fun activities to help everyone get to know each other better.
It’s time meant for befriending and gives kids some relaxed space to really download all they’re learning
Crafts & Science
- The Crafts & Science Leader repeats the Bible Point
- Kids dive into exciting experiments that connect to the
day’s Bible story and Point.
- The may give each child a craft to take home to keep the imaginative fun and learning going at home with family!
- The Games Leader repeats the Bible Point
each day and offers an introduction to our local mission project for the week.
- Kids play games that connect with the daily Bible Point.
Each day there are three fun game options to choose
- Kids may listen to songs as they play games.
- The Wrap-Up Leader repeats the Bible Point
- Kids sing the opening songs they’ve learned
- The Wrap-Up Leader uses drama experiences and
engaging object lessons to help kids apply what they’ve
learned throughout the day.
In order to keep our kids safe, our background check coordinator makes sure that all volunteers have undergone a criminal background check.
The volunteer coordinator organizes assignments for volunteers and makes sure that all positions are filled nightly. The coordinator is also a go-to person in the event of any help a volunteer might need at VBS.
Our registration leader makes sure that all children are properly signed up and assigned to crews. If a child wants to switch crews, ALL changes are approved by the registration coordinator. It is important to know where all children are while at VBS.